Kanchanaburi view

Kanchanaburi view

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Exploring Hong Kong - 10 April 2014

Before I start my blog on Hong Kong, some good news to my readers.

I am 19 weeks pregnant now and we are very excited on this little Mike/Amanda is coming to our life soon. Lucky for me, I do not have any morning sickness, just do not have any appetite to eat meat. So during the 16 weeks of pregnancy I only gain 1 kg, parents kept asking me to eat more and more... I wish I could..

From the first time we hear baby's heartbeat and the first ultrasound, it is an amazing experience for both of us. I still remember how Mike smiled when he saw the ultrasound. Mi and Mike started to feel that the time is coming near when my bump is more obvious than ever.


We need to escape from Thailand Hot weather as high as 40 degree so we decided to go Hong Kong which is their Spring season (20-24 degree). 

When we reached Hong Kong Airport, we decided to take their Airport Express Link to Hong Kong station which is just 24 minutes journey (it cost HKD 80 each person). At the Hong Kong station, there is a free shuttle bus to our hotel. Taxi fare from airport to Central is about HKD 400 so we save about HKD 240.

We stay at Conrad Hong Kong Hotel in Admiralty area which is very convenience as it is connected to the MTR (wwhich is Singapore's MRT) and about 10 min walk to the Peak Tram Terminal. This area is very atas (high end) as people are carrying either Hermes Birkin or Chanel bag.



love the bed..







As the hotel is very near to Central, we decided to explore Central first. We went to this restaurant which is famous for the duck, super yummy... Although it is a bit oily, but we don care as it is our holiday...



must try the duck and Char Siew...

And also the wanton mee...

Address of Yuan Kee Restaurant:
32-40 Wellington Street, Central

After eating the duck wanton mee, we walked past one street stall with nice 奶茶smell, so we decided to check it out... The 奶茶 is so nice and smooth, so please visit it. As we were really full, we just order the 奶茶 and bread with condenser milk. Maybe you can try the french toast, seem yummy too..
  






Address of Lan Fong Yuen: 2 Gage Street

    

No comments:

Post a Comment